How to Become a Member
Being a part of the Texas A&M Triathlon team is an experience that few will ever forget. We are a group of Aggies that includes everyone from first time competitors to elite athletes racing on a national and international level. As we step up to the starting line as individuals, the tradition that bonds every Aggie together allows us to celebrate the achievements we all make as a team. Hearing “Gig’ Em!” and “Whoop!” constantly as a motivator from the crowd pushes us all to compete at our best with pride only Texas A&M Triathletes can understand.
Membership is open to any registered Texas A&M student, staff, or faculty member who is interested in the sport of triathlon. You do not need a bike to join the team. We provide discounts through our partnerships that assist you in getting one if you want to race, though!
Dues are $130/year or $70/semester and include:
- ***NEW*** Triathlon coach Michelle LeBlanc
- ***NEW*** Customized training plans geared towards team races
- ***NEW*** Run Coach Ben Forrest and swim coach Sydney Currenti
- Seven organized practices per week (and many more unofficial ones)
- Coached swim and run practices
- Discounts on team races
- Travel and lodging for team races
- Access to team uniforms, apparrel, and equipment
- Discounts from team partners
- Bragging rights from being on one of the largest and most recognized teams in the nation!
Practice Dues are $30/semester and include:
- Attend team practices and meetings
- One team t-shirt for the year
- Note: You can pay the difference if you want to upgrade to a full membership.
- Pay team dues. Dues can be paid at any meeting or practice as well as on with a credit card online at TAMU marketplace. Print out the receipt and give it to any of the officers.
- Prior to participating in any practices or events, you will need to fill out and turn in the Standards of Conduct and Assumption of Risks forms to any of the officers at meetings or practices: Standards of Conduct Form & Assumption of Risks Form
- Join the Listserv!
If you are not currently a registered student or faculty at Texas A&M but would still like to be in the loop about team happenings and/or would like to purchase team paraphernalia, create an account on the forums and email firstname.lastname@example.org that you're an alumni to gain access to the alumni section of the forums. Also, go to the join the listserv tab at the about section to reconnect with REC Sports!