How to Become a Member
About the Club
Being a part of the Texas A&M Triathlon team is an experience that, like Texas A&M, can’t be explained from within and can’t be understood from outside. We come from diverse backgrounds, possess varying skill levels, and have vastly different goals, but we are all Zebras. Hearing “Gig’ Em!” and “Whoop!” constantly as a motivator from the crowd pushes us all to compete at our best with pride only Texas A&M Triathletes can understand.
Membership is open to any registered Texas A&M student, staff, or faculty member who is interested in the sport of triathlon. You do not need a bike to join the team. We provide discounts through our partnerships that assist you in getting one if you want to race, though!
Dues are $140/year or $75/semester and include:
- Triathlon coach Liz Baugher (see bio page on our website)
- Customized training plans geared towards team races
- Five organized practices per week (and many more unofficial ones)
- Coached swim and run practices
- Discounts on team races
- Travel and lodging for team races
- Access to team uniforms, apparel, and equipment
- Discounts from team partners
- Bragging rights from being on one of the largest and most recognized teams in the nation!
Practice Dues are $40/semester and include:
- Attend team practices and meetings
- One team t-shirt for the year
- Note: You can pay the difference if you later choose to race with the team
Steps to Join
Join the Listserv. This is how we communicate information about races, practices, and other events that happen throughout the year.
Complete an Assumptions of Risk (AOR) and Standard of Conduct. We allow prospective members to try us out before paying dues. These forms can be found here: https://maroonlink.tamu.edu/
form/start/76466and here: https://maroonlink.tamu.edu/ form/start/72703
Pay team dues. Once you realize how much you want to be a part of the club and get access to all of the benefits, prove it by paying dues. We have a full member and practice member options as noted above.