We will be having our 3rd meeting of the semester tonight, February 23rd, in Rec 281.
Come check us out, make some friends and enjoy some hot chocolate! (bring a mug, go green!)
- Our coach, Liz Baugher, from OutRival Racing will be discussing:
- Prepping for nationals (workouts leading up to it)
- Race week
- Tips for race day
- Around 7:30 PM...
- We will do the swim portion of the time trial
- Liz will be on deck to answer any questions and help you with your stroke!
- Team Trainers Rental
- We will be renting out the team trainers for the next 2 weeks to get your cycling better. Talk to Andre Russell after the meeting to get it set up or email/text him.
> Time Trials THIS WEEK (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Tuesday: Swim 1650 yards (or 800 if you aren't quite ready for an Olympic)
- Wednesday: Run 5000 m (make sure to do 12 and 1/2 laps, we aren't timing your 4800m)
- If you participated last year:
- This is how you can see how much you've improved and/or which discipline you need to focus on
- If you are unable to make it to one or more of these practices, try and meet up with some others to simulate a race setting
- AND... email me your time for the 1650 yard swim and the 5000 m run
- If you are new this semester or didn't do it last year:
- This is a great way to see where you're at and know what to expect when you do your first race in 2015.
- As for the bike, we will decide on a time for this relatively soon, your patience is appreciated
- Nationals: Each year we pay for the registration of our top 4 men and top 4 women at nationals. Our criteria will be a combination of the following:
- Conference Ranking/Team Races, Time Trials (this week!), and Officer Discretion (involvement with the club etc.)
- We may have to decide before Mean Green so Time Trials can help your case, you know who you guys/girls are!
- If you are curious as to where you rank in the conference, I can send you the standings
- If you want to receive the discount codes for races, have your name on the list at our partner shops and get access to Training Peaks, pay dues!
- I will be sending those out on Thursday most likely, so pay online or pay at the meeting so you can get those!
- Price increases are coming up for a few team races so expect discount codes shortly!
- Nationals Theme: If this doesn't make sense, ask someone who went last year. Everyone else, be brainstorming ideas in the meantime!
- Keep training! April 24/25 is going to be here before you know it.
Howdy! We will be having an informational/first meeting this Wednesday at 8 PM in Rec 281.
Directions: Upon entering the rec, go up the stairs on your right and look for a hallway with double doors, 281 is at the end of the hallway.
(You do not need to swipe your ID to enter this part of the Rec)
Come meet the officers at MSC Open House today from 1 - 4 pm.
Our table is #2030 which is on the second floor in the large room at the South/West corner.
We are surrounded by other sport clubs so look for some A&M uniforms!
- No Practice this week
- Sunday, January 25th - MSC Spring Open House: 1 - 4 pm
- Tuesday, January 27th - First Practice of the semester: Swim @ 7:30pm
- Wednesday, January 28th - First Team Meeting @ 8pm: Yes, on a Wednesday (No track practice that day)
- Monday: Bike *See Facebook for meeting location, route, and time
- Tuesday: Swim @ 7:30 pm
- Wednesday: Track @ 5:30 pm* (no longer 6 pm)
- Thursday: *Trainer Ride @ 5:00 pm (NEW)* Location will change week to week (member's houses). Don't have a trainer? Contact our awesome bike partner, Jeff, at Bay Area Schwinn.
- Thursday: Swim @ 7:30 pm
- Friday: Lake Bryan @ 4:30 pm
- Saturday: Bike *See Facebook for meeting location, route, and time*
- Sunday: Run *See Facebook for meeting location, route, and time*