- New Partnership with Peloton!
- They will be providing us with money for team equipment in the amount of $5,000.00
- With this donation we will be purchasing additional Team Trainers and a set of Team Wheels!
- The trainers will be able to be rented out on a weekly basis for free and over Winter/Summer breaks for a reasonable rate
- Social Media:
- Facebook Page (the one you “Like”): https://www.facebook.com/
- Facebook Group (The one you get added to): “Texas A&M Triathlon Team” Closed Group. Add an officer/teammate on Facebook and ask them to add you.
- Instagram: TAMU_Triathlon
- Twitter: TAMU_Triathlon https://twitter.com/TAMU_
- Strava: http://app.strava.com/clubs/
- Website*: Now being used effectively! triathlon.tamu.edu
- Katy Triathlon Results:
- Women place 1,2,3 in collegiate and take Team Win!
- Men place 2,4 in collegiate and take second to U.T. but…
- Colin McCatharn and Grant Meloche took 1st and 3rd overall (raced in the elite division)!
- Last Two Races!
- US Open this weekend: We need one more house to stay at in Rockwall/Dallas area! contact myself of email@example.com (Kat Racine)
- Try Andy’s Tri: You can still sign up and it’s only $42.50! https://www.signmeup.com/site/
- TRNG 101:
- Michael Arishita spoke about some basics when it comes to training and getting faster!
- The following is a quick summary, don't be afraid to ask how to improve!
- Focus on your weak sport, you are a TRIathlete now!
- Adding a minute on your swim/run time because you improved your bike or another discipline by 5, 10, 20 minutes is what is important!
- What do I NEED to do a triathlon?
- General: USAT membership ($10 one-day, $45 yearly), Race entry fee (Varies), race number belt ($8 - $12)
- SWIM: Goggles, swimsuit, wetsuit (Recommended for certain races and to make you faster)
- BIKE: Bike, helmet, padded shorts (for training), saddle bag WITH flat kit
- RUN: Shoes, short running shorts to get rid of cycling tan lines!
- What do I WANT for triathlons?
- General: GPS watch to monitor workouts, compression gear for recovery, sunglasses are a great investment and make you look awesome (most used piece of equipment).
- SWIM: Not much to make you faster, skin suit (don’t worry if you don’t know), training fins, buoys and other gear
- BIKE: In this order -> Clipless pedals and compatible shoes, aero bars OR TT/Tri bike, aero helmet
- RUN: Like swimming, not much, heart rate monitor and watch will help train on bike and run
- Uniform order sheet (see attached) AND money (cash/check) are due THURSDAY at latest!
- FOR races: We recommend you buy a one-piece suit (Zebra colors!) or a bottom and top
- FOR training purposes: We also have bike and swim gear
- THIS ORDER will arrive in time for a team picture and of course, spring races.
- The spring order will NOT be in time for Nationals.
We will have our 3rd team meeting tonight in Rec 281 at 8:00 PM
We will be covering the following items:
- Uniform Orders! (Try them on and make an order with cash/check)
- How to Get Faster! (Both with training techniques and equipment purchases)
- Pick up your free T-Shirt (If you have paid dues)
- Katy Triathlon Results
- Upcoming Races (Regional Championship and Try Andy's)
- Other stuff!
See you all there!
We had some great weather at the Katy Triathlon this morning! Our ladies took first as a team in the collegiate division and had the podium all to themselves. Our guys were just behind the Longhorns in collegiate and are eager for a rematch two weeks from today. Great job Zebras!
In total we had over 35 Zebras compete and for many it was their first triathlon!
- We will be checking our roster for who has paid dues this week.
- You can pay online or at practice, but we ask that you get to practice early because we as officers also like to practice!
- We have some awesome partners this year and those who have paid dues will be receiving our discount codes and other info.
- Bay Area Schwinn provided us with some free tubes and tire levers for our meeting last night, if you visit them at their Pasadena location be sure to thank Jeff!
- M80 Rollers provided us with 100's of free foam rollers for members, if you have paid dues and would like one... well let me know because its not efficient to take all of them to each practice.
- Attendance at practice thus far has been great! Except for Sunday Long Run... which will now be our official rest day! (Thanks Anthony for running with me and Michael!)
- Two races down, three to go. Katy is this weekend, but we have two more races you can and should sign up for!
- US Open is REGIONALS on October 12th
- Yes, Regionals is in the Fall this year on October 12th.
- Olympic Distance, worth double as far as conference series goes AND...
- Completing it will allow you to go to nationals. (Must attend one conference race as per USAT rules, at least one conference race remains in the Spring).
- Sprint will not count as conference but is great for beginners!
- DISCOUNT CODE = COLLEGIATE15 (15% off)
- Price goes up October 1st: http://www.usopen-triathlon.com/#!registration/cirz
- Sign up soon and make sure to email Kat when you sign up!
- Try Andy's Tri on October 19th
- Last race of the semester, and it's really short! 300m swim, 10 mile bike and 5km run! (Yay for differing units of measure!)
- DISCOUNT for Collegiate is 50% off!
- WILL SELL OUT! https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/87548
- Sign up for the Collegiate Championship (NOT the club competition which is not for collegiate) and make sure to email Kat when you sign up!
- Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-AM-Triathlon/167343823324050
- Facebook Group: Add one of the officers on Facebook and we will add you to our Facebook group for additional practices and events!
- Strava: Join our club (TAMU Triathlon Team)! http://www.strava.com/clubs/TAMUTriathlon
- Info about Strava: FREE website to log workouts and upload activities from your GPS device... OR you can download their app on your phone and use it while biking and running as a GPS device.
- Website: triathlon.tamu.edu ("triathlon dot tamu dot edu" is easy to remember and tell your friends and enemies)
- Check here for all the info you could need as well as updates and changes.
- We had a tie this year! David Tolstyka and Sean Chang ripped out the "bad" tube, replaced it, re-affixed the tire and pumped to 100psi in a race too close to call.
- Always go on rides with one of these guys!
Thanks for checking out our website!
Many have been asking if they can still join the team and the answer is YES!
How to Join:
1) Join the ListServ (we aren't annoying and don't allow spam, okay we can sometimes be annoying)
2) Submit an AOR form (mandatory to practice) and Standard of Conduct form via Maroonlink (click "Join" at the top of the website, then click "How to Become a Member")
3) Attend a practice to try us out, talk to one of the officers and meet some of our members
4) If you like us and want to join, you can pay dues online or to Brandon via Cash/Check, more info about membership is on this website
5) Add one of the officers in Facebook and ask to be added to our group for unofficial practices and other cool opportunities
6) To bike with us you will need a helmet, no exceptions!