We had some great weather at the Katy Triathlon this morning! Our ladies took first as a team in the collegiate division and had the podium all to themselves. Our guys were just behind the Longhorns in collegiate and are eager for a rematch two weeks from today. Great job Zebras!
In total we had over 35 Zebras compete and for many it was their first triathlon!
- We will be checking our roster for who has paid dues this week.
- You can pay online or at practice, but we ask that you get to practice early because we as officers also like to practice!
- We have some awesome partners this year and those who have paid dues will be receiving our discount codes and other info.
- Bay Area Schwinn provided us with some free tubes and tire levers for our meeting last night, if you visit them at their Pasadena location be sure to thank Jeff!
- M80 Rollers provided us with 100's of free foam rollers for members, if you have paid dues and would like one... well let me know because its not efficient to take all of them to each practice.
- Attendance at practice thus far has been great! Except for Sunday Long Run... which will now be our official rest day! (Thanks Anthony for running with me and Michael!)
- Two races down, three to go. Katy is this weekend, but we have two more races you can and should sign up for!
- US Open is REGIONALS on October 12th
- Yes, Regionals is in the Fall this year on October 12th.
- Olympic Distance, worth double as far as conference series goes AND...
- Completing it will allow you to go to nationals. (Must attend one conference race as per USAT rules, at least one conference race remains in the Spring).
- Sprint will not count as conference but is great for beginners!
- DISCOUNT CODE = COLLEGIATE15 (15% off)
- Price goes up October 1st: http://www.usopen-triathlon.com/#!registration/cirz
- Sign up soon and make sure to email Kat when you sign up!
- Try Andy's Tri on October 19th
- Last race of the semester, and it's really short! 300m swim, 10 mile bike and 5km run! (Yay for differing units of measure!)
- DISCOUNT for Collegiate is 50% off!
- WILL SELL OUT! https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/87548
- Sign up for the Collegiate Championship (NOT the club competition which is not for collegiate) and make sure to email Kat when you sign up!
- Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-AM-Triathlon/167343823324050
- Facebook Group: Add one of the officers on Facebook and we will add you to our Facebook group for additional practices and events!
- Strava: Join our club (TAMU Triathlon Team)! http://www.strava.com/clubs/TAMUTriathlon
- Info about Strava: FREE website to log workouts and upload activities from your GPS device... OR you can download their app on your phone and use it while biking and running as a GPS device.
- Website: triathlon.tamu.edu ("triathlon dot tamu dot edu" is easy to remember and tell your friends and enemies)
- Check here for all the info you could need as well as updates and changes.
- We had a tie this year! David Tolstyka and Sean Chang ripped out the "bad" tube, replaced it, re-affixed the tire and pumped to 100psi in a race too close to call.
- Always go on rides with one of these guys!
Thanks for checking out our website!
Many have been asking if they can still join the team and the answer is YES!
How to Join:
1) Join the ListServ (we aren't annoying and don't allow spam, okay we can sometimes be annoying)
2) Submit an AOR form (mandatory to practice) and Standard of Conduct form via Maroonlink (click "Join" at the top of the website, then click "How to Become a Member")
3) Attend a practice to try us out, talk to one of the officers and meet some of our members
4) If you like us and want to join, you can pay dues online or to Brandon via Cash/Check, more info about membership is on this website
5) Add one of the officers in Facebook and ask to be added to our group for unofficial practices and other cool opportunities
6) To bike with us you will need a helmet, no exceptions!
Your Fighting Texas Aggie Triathletes did great today in the Trifecta Triathlon at Possum Kingdom Lake. Both the men and women had all of their scoring 4 athletes in the top ten of the collegiate division! We had 18 aggies compete in what I now consider the most difficult course I have completed. Huge shout out to some first timers and users of mountain bikes! Join us tomorrow morning for a 7am recovery ride! The only excuse is an 8am class. Helmets mandatory, water and flat kit highly recommended.
Howdy, I hope everyone is ready for the start of the semester!
Monday, September 1st – First Day of Classes
Wednesday, September 3rd – Sport Clubs Day (3-6pm): @ Rec Center Lobby. Say hi to us and the other sport clubs!
Sunday, September 7th – MSC Open House (1-5pm): @MSC. Once again, stop by and meet the officers, look for some Zebras riding bike trainers outdoors and see what other ways there are to get involved at Texas A&M.
Monday, September 8th – FIRST MEETING (9pm) @Rec 281 – When you walk in go up the stairs/take the elevator on your right and look for a “TAMU Triathlon” sign on the double doors on the second floor.
Tuesday, September 9th - Practices Start (7:30pm) Swim at Rec Natatorium.
This year the Assumption of Risk (AOR) form will be completed online at the following link (through Maroonlink): <http://maroonlink.tamu.edu/
We look forward to meeting you all at either of the open house events and/or our first meeting on September 8th in Rec 281 at 9 pm (if you can't make it we will be sending an email out with everything we talk about at the meeting).
I will be sending out this semester's practice schedule out soon but here is a text version of it (Beginning September 9th).
Mon: 7:00 am Easy Ride (In front of Rec)
Tue: 7:30 pm Swim (Rec)
Wed: 6:00 pm Run (A&M Consolidated Track)
Thu: 7:30 pm Swim (Rec)
Fri: 4:30 pm Trail Run/Swim (Lake Bryan)
Sat: 8:45 am Long Ride (Brazos Valley Cyclists group)
Sun: 7:00 am Long Run